Tuesday, July 15, 2008

E3 Sony Press Conference impressions

Not as impressive I must say. I found myself waiting the whole time. And when finally something comes up that I've been waiting for it was just a few seconds.

God of War 3 came up but it was just a teaser. Nothing of a big news.

The revamped 399.99 PS3 sounds good but still no backwards compatibility.

I felt like I am when I ate a burger but still not as full so I need to reorder for more food. Too much statistics and not much games and showing off the game running and playing. I wanted more games but gave me history.

Jack seemed to stutter alot and lose his words during his presentation. He seemed nervous but still pulled it off. You could tell that Jack isn't really a gamer and made statements take came off as more business corporate and not a real nerd geeky gamer kind of feel. Jim Lee was a real gamer. He really gave us the gamer angle in the presentation.

Sony really need to bring up its game if it plans to keep their 10 year console cycle because I don't think Resistance 2, Killzone 2, MAG,... and those other games that I can't think of out of the top of my head will overcome the title of Gears Of War 2, Fable 2, Last Remnant, Star Ocean, Fallout 3, Rockband 2, Guitar Hero World Tour.

No comments: